Smith Center for Healing and the Arts and the DC Young Adult Cancer Community (DCYACC) are creating a Young Adult Advisory Committee to help support the DCYACC.
This will be a fun and dynamic working group that will engage with Smith Center staff, the local community, and other members of the DCYACC to strengthen resources and build support for young adult cancer survivors in the DC area. The committee will work as a team to implement the committee objectives outlined below.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Young Adult Advisory Committee, please read through the requirements below, complete the online nomination form at the end, and email a copy of your current resume to email@example.com.
Feel free to nominate yourself or another member of the group! Deadline for nominations is April 30, 2018. Selections will be announced by the end of May 2018 and the group will begin meeting in June 2018.
- Committee Objectives
- Foster strong DC Young Adult Cancer Community (DCYACC) growth and engagement
- Serve as an ambassador for Smith Center and the DCYACC to local medical and cancer organizations
- Provide input on DCYACC content and programming
- Plan and host quarterly social programming for DCYACC
- Plan and host one to two annual fundraisers (as a committee) for DC Young Adult Cancer Community programming (fundraising concepts to be determined by the committee in coordination with Smith Center)
- Participate in blog content development for youngadultcancerdc.org
- Participation Requirements
- Completed nomination form (for self or other) by April 30, 2018
- Must be between the age of 20 to 45-years-old by April 30, 2018
- Passionate about helping to grow and give back to the DC Young Adult Cancer Community and other young adult cancer survivors
- Attend quarterly committee meetings
- Participate meaningfully in each of the committee objectives outlined above
- Be willing to serve on the committee for a term of at least 1 year
- Benefits of Participation
- A chance to meaningfully give back to the DC Young Adult Cancer Community
- The ability to contribute to the experience of other young adults diagnosed with cancer in our area
- Help shape DC Young Adult Cancer Community programming
- The opportunity for networking with other young professionals, as well as leadership development and philanthropic growth